The world may seem to halt because of Covid-19. For some industries, however, it’s business as usual. It simply won’t be sustainable for countries to put a complete stop to certain sectors. Since the start of the pandemic, many of these sectors have proven to be essential for our society.
That’s why stakeholders in these industries must undergo regular COVID-19 testing. It’s all about protecting them and their loved ones, given how quickly the virus can spread, even from patients with asymptomatic symptoms.
Getting Back to Work
There’s no denying the damage that Covid-19 has put upon economies around the world. From SMEs to big companies, almost every line of business has felt the effects that this pandemic has brought. That’s why most employers are looking for ways to get things up and running safely. One way to recover from the pandemic’s blows is by opening industries bit by bit to breathe life into the economy.
Some employers opted to test their workers for Covid-19 before they go back to work. This protects their workers and customers at the same time. Doing so would lessen the exposure from sick employees as well as boost employees’ confidence in getting back to work.
Here are some of the industries that require regular testing for Covid-19:
First responders are the first ones on the scene of accidents and emergencies, which is why their jobs cannot be performed by everyone.
- Firefighters and EMS providers
- Law enforcement personnel
- Medicolegal death investigators
People in the food services industry are highly essential because we all rely on them for everyday food. That’s why it’s necessary to ensure that they are safe in the workplace and that the customers that they face at work are also protected.
- Agricultural workers and employers
- Grocery and food retail workers
- Meat and poultry processors
- Outdoor farmers markets
- Restaurants and bars
- Seafood processing workers
Manufacturing and Industrial
Most workers in this industry and their contributions to our communities and cities may not be that visible to others. However, they are also essential in keeping everything running.
- Construction workers
- Manufacturing workers and employers
Personal Services and Hospitality
At the onset of the pandemic, most governments worldwide postponed the personal services and hospitality industry from operating. Now that we are opening up our economy slowly and safely, workers in this industry need regular Covid-19 testing. So employers can ensure their own safety and that of the customers.
- Bank workers and employers
- Beauty salons and barbershops
- Casinos and gaming operations
- Funeral home workers
- Gym and fitness center workers and employers
- Hotels, resorts, and lodges
- In-home service providers and clients
- Nail salon workers and employers
- Pet stores, distributors, and breeding facilities
- Traveling amusement parks and carnivals
Public Services and Sanitation
Workers in this industry are exposed to different kinds of health hazards. They may also be exposed to waste materials and environments that Covid-19 infected individuals have used.
- Public health inspectors
- Sanitation and waste workers
- Utility workers and employers
- Waste collectors and recyclers
Opening up schools in the middle of a pandemic can be challenging. One way to increase confidence in sending children back to school is to promote regular Covid-19 testing for this industry.
- K-12 school staff
- School nutrition professionals and volunteers
Transportation and Delivery
Transporting and delivering goods has been one of the essential jobs since the onset of the pandemic. Plenty of industries rely on this sector so the food, merchandise, etc., can reach the places it needs to go.
Although most airports have been closed to prevent the spread of Covid-19, some essential flights brought stranded people back home. In the process of opening up the economy, airline and airport personnel are also a part of the group that needs regular Covid-19 testing.
- Delivery and ground transportation
- Food and grocery pick-up and delivery drivers
- Long-haul truck employees and employers
- Mail and parcel delivery drivers
- Public transportation
- Bus transit operators
- Paratransit operators
- Rail transit operators
- Rideshare, taxi, limo, and other passenger drivers
- Transit maintenance workers and employers
- Transit station workers and employers
- Aircraft maintenance workers
- Airline personnel
- Airport personnel
- Maritime transportation
- Maritime pilots
To Wrap Things Up
Regular Covid-19 testing for employees is one way of keeping the workplace safe. It will enable workers to return to work on location without hesitation because they know that they won’t be exposed to infected individuals while working. It would also help prevent the spread of the virus to the workers’ families and their communities.
If you need more information about Covid-19 testing for your workforce, Well Health Works looks forward to hearing from you. Call us at 833-935-9355 to learn more.